Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Getting Better all the Time.

Well, Adam autumn and I all caught a nasty flue. The onset was sudden, starting with poor little Autumn on Monday night. She has never really been sick and she made some strange whimpers before projectile vomit covered our kitchen floor with milk curdles and orange juice. She seems to still be a little unwell, but her spirits are high. Adam got sick very suddenly starting at about 9pm on Tuesday, and was sent home from work on Wednesday. I left work on Wednesday feeling OK and was really achy and nauseous by about 6pm. Adam and I headed to scrimmage and ended up having to go home before we even got there. I AM REALLY GLAD I brought a plastic bag with me in the car. I was sick all night, but woke up feeling OK. It is amazing to go from feeling like you are dying to feeling decent in a matter of hours.

I have not had a flue in over 15 years. I can't even remember the last time I had a flue.

This is also the first year I have ever taken a flue shot, it was recommended that we all take one since autumn is young. I don't know that I can say that I think they are related (I kind of do), but I do know I am very TIRED of getting sick. I think I have vomited more in the past month than the rest of my life combined!

I hope everyone is well, I will see you tomorrow.

xoxo
Erica

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are all sick, Get Well soon guys :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww poor thing! hope you and your family feel better soon! it's funny about the flu shot though.. i had the flu shot twice, both times i got it i was sicker than i had ever been with the flu. the last time i was out for 3 weeks soo ill! it was awful. have not gotten the shot since and believe it or not, i have not had the flu since either... coincidence??? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEWWWW! My baby and I just got over the pukies, too. It sucked. It sucked so bad. I'm glad it passed so quickly.

    Are you home yet? Have you made your fake Polaroids yet? I'm all giddy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing worse than projectile vomit. nuff said. ;)

    (hope you all recover quickly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sucks! Throwing up is the worst :( Hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete