T over at Poppy's Place PDX gave us a Kreativ Blogger Award!
Thank you so much! Teresa has Four etsy stores!
Poppy Place showcases her Photography and paintings, Here is one of my favorite items from that store:
"Autumnal Swirl" is only $15.oo! You can get to the listing by clicking on the picture.
Vintage T sells vintage items like this:
Design T is stocked with clothing items, I love this scarf:
PhotosByChipperfield has even more beautiful Photography:
Click on any of the photo's to go to the listing.
So To start off I am supposed to tell you all 7 Things you may not know about me. I found this hard because while there are many things you all do not know about me, The first things that came to mind were not things that I would want to share on a blog that is related to my etsy store. I didn't realize that I had these skeletons in my closet, and was taken aback by it. It is not that these things are secrets, I would have no problem sharing them with friends, and I do consider many of my readers to be friends, but I would not want them associated with my business, even if it is really just a hobby.
so, here are 7 things that you may not know about me, that I don't mind being associated with Acrylic and Steel
1. I am afraid of heights.
In spite of this, I rock climb, which was very challenging the first time. I also do not like rock climbing outdoors. I also love hiking and have crossed the Knife's Edge on Angels Landing in Zion National park - which is absolutely stunning.
(Adam and I- or our feet- Over the ledge at Angels Langing in Zion)
2. I like my refrigerated food room temperature and my hot food room temperature.
It is kind of silly. It is especially true with cheese. I will microwave cheese for a few seconds before eating it. I will also cook food and put it in the freezer for a few minutes when it is done, to cool down.
3. My husband is 10 years older than me. I am turning 27 This year and he is turning 37. Interestingly, his mother and her late husband and his father and his (in Adam's words) "wife like person" have a 10 year age difference as well. It is not something I really think about often, though we joke about it sometimes, and it does do him the service of looking younger while doing me the disservice of looking older almost anywhere we go together.
4. I have never watched star wars in its entirety. Just not interested.
5.I am afraid of failure. So afraid of failure and rejection that it is paralyzing. I know, that if you never even try, you have already failed... but somehow the idea of being told I am not good enough or smart enough, or whatever is far worse than never succeeding.
6. I have three Brothers, a younger brother, an older brother and an older half brother. My brother Nick sometimes feels like the adhesive glue that keeps us all together. He is very good at organizing gatherings and making sure we all see each other from time to time.
7. I actually LIKE doing customer service jobs. It is kind of like acting. I am very shy, quiet and reserved and somehow if I am working in a customer service atmosphere a completely different side of me comes out. I mean, I cant say I am especially social with my co-workers but I LOVE helping customers.
Bonus thing: since my husband takes care of this blog too I am going to share a tidbit about him too... he has never eaten a twinkie. Ever.
So, now for 7 blogs that I would like to bestow this award upon...
This is hard because there are so many wonderful blogs, www.christiecottage.blogspot.com , www.cabinandcub.blogspot.com and www.studiomme.blogspot.com and of course www.poppyplacepdx.blogspot.com are personal favorite blogs of mine. I go out of my way to visit their blogs even if they don't pop up in google reader or I am not reminded of them by a comment on my blog. I love their blogs, and from what I can tell they are all really wonderful people as well. I am going to try to dig a little deeper into my reading list though, for bloggers that you may not already read.
1. The Little Owl A cute sweet blog.
2. Dirsken Dabbles A blog about life and art... and her art is very lovely
3. Icky Dog Creations Awesomeness. Oh, and my husband likes the name.
4. That Crafty Fish Cute blog about life and crafting.
5. The Rebirth of Fresh Awesome fashion blog, specializing in vintage fashion.
6. Fashion Me Fabuous I can tell these writers must be younger than me because a lot of their fashion entries I just don't GET, and sometimes I don't love what they love, but I always LOVE reading their blog.
7. Absolutely Smallwell, you have probably read her blog, but I couldn't help it.Geeky. Cute. Funny. Well written. I love it.
Here are the Rules to Pay it Forward (If you want to participate):
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we might not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their awards
SO guys... have a great weekend. I may pop in. If you see this post before I tell you, sorry, but I am off to a friends art opening.