Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wow. Its like I forgot I had a blog.

It's been a while, hasn't it? I can't say I actually FORGOT about my blog, but I have been tired and uninspired.

The last banner I made, the updated one was quickly insulted, It was described as tacky and distracting. So I replaced it with this:

I'm pretty happy with it.

This past weekend we went to play the Arch Rival Rollergirls and lost, we probably should have won, but our roster was four girls short, and many of the missing skaters were key skaters, so that was a bummer. I ended up with a scraped knee and came to the conclusion that skrapes hurt much more than sprains, bruises, punctures, cuts, and many other mild injuries.

Adam chimes in "But not as much as giving birth, or having gall bladder issues."

This is completely true.
I purchased a clothing showcase spot on etsy, and that was as pointless as the housewares spot I purchased for http://acrylicandsteel.etsy.com I thought maybe that the lower price point of my new store would make it more successful, but I was wrong. Oh Well, live and learn.

Last but not least, I am sick again. Very sick, but very ambiguously sick. I am so tired I dont really know what to do about it. Things I have been doing for a long time like skating and biking have become painfully fatiguing. I am feeling dizzy and nauseous. I know what you are thinking. NO, Im not pregnant. I feel as sick as I did before I started feeling better.

Well, Take care Folks,

Hope to unwind here again soon.

xoxo
Erica

4 comments:

  1. Aw, feel better! Nothing sucks more than being sick and not knowing why.

    Did someone actually say that about your old banner? Wow, that's harsh! I love the new one...for what it's worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, on your banner... That is YOUR shop and YOUR choice for a banner. Personally, I think people obsess over banners when that is not what you are selling. I wonder if those same people complaint to the grocery store because they don't like their sign :-)

    I truly hope you get to feeling better.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the scraps. Scraps suck. I'd rather have stitches. Actually, I'd rather have another c-section for that matter.

    And for the Etsy showcases...I've never heard any positive feedback on those things. Everyone I know who's done one said it was a total waste of money.

    Feel better soon - maybe it's your body's way of saying you're doing too much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erica, I missed you :)

    I am so sorry you are not feeling well. That is no fun!

    I love your new banner. People can be so rude some times!

    I also agree with D. I haven't heard anyone getting sales from the showcases, I have done 3 now over the past 2 years for art and photography, I did get a few new hearts and viewings but no sales. But I haven't made any sales in my art shop, so who knows.

    Hope you feel well soon, nice to see you back here, take care, regards, T.

    ReplyDelete