Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My art room is finally unpacked!

Sooo... you may have seen my Before pictures. If you didn't then this probably doesn't seem like a great accomplishment. It is not as nice as some beautiful craft rooms I have seen, but I really love it- and I am so grateful to have a whole room... especially since I kinda need it...


This is my dress form with a work in progress on it. I got the form at the last thursday market in portland and it didn't have a base so adam made this one for me. It is great but I really need to be able to turn it. I am trying to decide what to do to make the bottom cohesive. Behind it I have a metal shelving unit filled with supplies. I have block printing
supplies, lots of watercolor and acrylic painting stuff, jewelry findings, a whole tub of sweaters I have already felted but not decided what to do with yet, a tub of lace and sewing findings, a tub of needle felting supplies, and a tub of clothing that I plan to upcycle... someday.


Then I have my sewing/drawing table, file cabinet, and a little metal rack with the billions of prismacolor markers I got when I was at FIDM and the few that I acquired since (really HOW many shades of each color do you REALLY need when you have been taught to blend colors... I DO need some new blending markers though.) , a few reference books, and my FAVORITE several past issues of Vouge Collections. I have an easel in the other corner, but I am not ready to share that painting (sorry).


And then there are the closets... They look messy but I know what is going on. Adam, my dear husband made me the shelves for the fabric.

4 comments:

  1. I love having a whole room to myself for sewing. Now if I could just get it organized...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious! How I would love an entire room for my stuff! Come to think of it, my family would love it too, because it would mean the kitchen table wouldn't need to be taken over by my sewing machines! My table in the basement is OK for metalwork, but I really need a full room for all the other things I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, love the space! Where is the last Thursday market? I need to get a dress form, were you looking for a long time? I've been watching CL but nothing and I don't want to spend a fortune on a new one. :(

    Have a great weekend, regards, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my stuff is sort of all over, so one room would be great, i have a very tiny sunroom so things tend to spill out.....looks good so far, love your dress form!

    ReplyDelete