Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Lets start the new year with a look back! So much happened it is hard to remember everything! It feels like the days passed in seconds and I expect this next year to be equally busy.

This past year I was travel team captain for The Munecas Muertas roller derby team along with my friend Killer Queen. That was one of the most interesting and challenging experiences ever. I probably should not have run, but had so many people tell me they thought I would be good at it that I ran anyway. I am not one of those people who loves power, or leading things, or anything like that. I am even kind of shy, so the whole experience was way outside of my comfort zone, and the job came with a ton of paperwork. BOOOORRRIIINNNG. I became pregnant, about two months before the season ended so I removed myself from the travel team and then almost as soon as it was too late to put myself on for the last tourney, I had a miscarriage. I had a dream recently that the current travel team went to nationals! That would be so exciting!


I also opened my store, Caustic Threads, on etsy. ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/CausticThreads ) I started my account at the end of last year, but didn't actually list anything until April of last year, and since I have started listing things I have been really thrilled with how things have been going in that store. I have another store where My husband and I sell other items that we love to make, mostly Fine Art and Knives. That store is called Acrylic and Steel ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/AcrylicAndSteel ), and have to admit it has been pretty neglected since Caustic opened.

Those are the two things that stand out the most, but I also: had my gall bladder removed, started selling items on consignment, had a pregnancy, and a miscarriage, started running, lost 35 pounds, gained 40 pounds, had my blood tested A LOT, stopped eating corn syrup,traveled all around the US, played a lot of roller derby, had a great time with my husband Adam and daughter Autumn (pictured above) , went to visit my mom, laughed, cried and loved.

It has been quite a year.

I am also very excited because I am pregnant again, and things seem to be going well.

Thanks For visiting!



♥ Erica

NEW CAUSTIC THREADS:



1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news Erica, congratulations!!

    What a HAPPY NEW YEAR it is for you :)

    Autumn looks adorable, congrats on all the success you deserve it :)

    Take Care, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete