Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home sweet home!

I got back from the hospital late last night and am very tired and sore but I am feeling much better than yesterday. I spent about 10 days very sick, unable to hold down any food, and in a lot of pain before my sweet husband convinced me to go to the doctor. I have had problems with ulcers in the past and so I thought that I was just having problems with them again since the pain was in about the same area and was very similar.

On Tuesday I went in to urgent care. I went to an excellent facility called MD Urgent Care where everyone was very friendly and they saw me only a few minutes after we arrived. The Doctor then prescribed me some medication and scheduled an ultrasound for Thursday to look at my Gall Bladder.

On Thursday my ultrasound was over at about 10:45 and at about 1:00 I got a call from the Doctor about the ultrasound, which I was told not to expect until next Tuesday. I had several Very large gall stones, and it also appeared that my gall bladder was very infected so the doctor had me go in to the hospital that night. I ate a bowl of soup at about 2pm on Thursday or they would have operated that night, but they operated at about 10am Friday instead.

I was supposed to come home this morning instead of last night, but my baby was not allowed in to the hospital so they let me go early since everything went well.

I will probably not be able to play in the tournament at the end of February, but that is ok I guess.

I hope everyone is well, and thank you to those who sent me well wishes, it was greatly appreciated!



  1. Sorry to hear about your surgery...but glad to hear everything went well :)

  2. I am glad you got it taken care of and that you are home with your beautiful baby and loving husband to heal!

    (Love the picture!)

    Take care of yourself!

  3. Oh wow! Glad you're feeling better and were able to take care of that quickly!

  4. Oh no! I'm glad you got to go home - I bet you missed your baby so much. Maybe you can talk someone into making my fudge for you!

  5. Hey Erica, great to hear that the op. went well and you are home resting :)

    Take it easy and no heavy lifting :)

    Yep, I'm being bossy :)

    Love the pic.

    Have a wonderful Monday, regards, T.